Sunday 26 April 2015

Lord, I Need Your Help

I will lift up my eyes to the hills - From whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2 (NKJV)
There are many times when we cry out and we ask God for help. There are many times when it seems like we can't go on, when life is getting too hard, when life throws us lemons. There are times when we are completely tired, tired of the mundane, tired of responsibilities, tired of life in general. In all these times when we cry out, God answers.

God is our help. He is our refuge in times of trouble and in times of joy. He is always there for us. His Son ever makes intercession for us. I lift my eyes to the hills from the valley and I see the One who is high and lifted up. I see the One who sits upon the circle of the earth. I see the One who is high above the heavens. I see the One who is my help. 




The One who made the heaven and the earth, He is our help. When we are down in the valley low and we seem so stuck that we stretch our hands out in desperation seeking help, seeking rescue, God stretches out His hand and takes us up. He takes up and covers us with His wings. He takes us up and holds us in His arms. With arms wide open, a heart exposed. A heart exposed with love for us. A love so strong that says, "I can't forsake them in the valley low, I must take them up" ~ Tweet This.

He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; The Lord is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, Nor the moon by night. Psalm 121:3-6 (NKJV)

Our help protects us and shelters us from harm. It is He, the Great I Am who does not sleep nor slumber. It is He whose eyes are forever looking to and fro through the earth. God does not sleep. He hears our cries for help, He hears our groaning. He is not like those false gods who have ears and cannot hear. God keeps us during these situations. He keeps us and always brings us strength.

He knows the end from the beginning. He sees the present and most importantly He sees the future. He sees your current trial and He sees that from it, you will grow and be able to stand the tests that will come.  O how we yearn for the day when we don't have to cry for help anymore. This Christian life isn't easy but it's going to be worth it because in the end, He says 'blessed are those who endure, for they shall receive the crown of life' (James 1:12).

The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore. Psalm 121:7-8 (NKJV)

God will preserve us from all evil. He will preserve our soul. We have to be confident in the fact that God will keep us not only now but in the future. In the past, He kept us from harm, surely now and in the time to come, He also can. Our cry for help is not being unheard. Our cry is being heard by the One who forever makes intercession for us. Our help comes from the Lord. 

My help is from You. Don't have to see it to believe it. My help is from You. Don't have to see it, cause I know, cause I know, it's true. Be encouraged by this song, Shoulders by For King and Country.



2 comments:

  1. He is our ever present help and He will never fail us. :)
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Leave a comment below with your thoughts on the post!