Monday 16 February 2015

His Name Is Jealous

The weekend of love all over the world has just passed. It was the time where most people thought of ways to love their significant others and people in their lives who are dear to them. It is the only time that love is really promoted and recognized all around the world. The good thing is that we don't have to wait for a day to come to recognize that God loves us. We are reminded continuously of His affection and His devotion towards us through His word and in our individual lives. God loves us and He want us for Himself.


Those who are in marriage, want their spouses for themselves. No one else can have them. They are theirs and they desire full attention in that relationship. God desires our full attention, He desires our faithfulness towards Him.

For you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God. Exodus 34:14 (NKJV)

His name is Jealous. Jealousy demands faithfulness and exclusive worship. God desires for us to come to a place of loyalty, to a place of faithfulness where the focus of our lives is Him, where our minds are set on things above. God desires that we would see Him as the Only God and not give ourselves to another.

For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him. 2 Chronicles 16:9 (NKJV)

God looks for hearts that are loyal to His own. He looks for a people who are faithful and true to Him, the Bridegroom God. He looks for those who are devoted. Are we devoted to God? Can we say that we have been faithful to God? Can we say that we look to no other for satisfaction? Only God can bring us true satisfaction. Only He can satisfy. No matter how many things we go to whether it is food,  a person, a career or money, it will never satisfy. Only the Jealous God can!

“Bring charges against your mother, bring charges; for she is not My wife, nor am I her Husband! Let her put away her harlotries from her sight, and her adulteries from between her breasts; Lest I strip her naked and expose her, as in the day she was born, and make her like a wilderness, and set her like a dry land, and slay her with thirst. “I will not have mercy on her children, for they are the children of harlotry. For their mother has played the harlot; she who conceived them has behaved shamefully. For she said, ‘I will go after my lovers, who give me my bread and my water, my wool and my linen, my oil and my drink.’ Hosea 2:2-5 (NKJV)

The book of Hosea shows the unfaithfulness of the people of Israel to God. They looked for other lovers to satisfy their flesh and forgot about the God who brought them out from the Egypt. The people of Israel were not loyal, they were not true. They thought only of their own gratification and forgot the God of their fathers. They thought only of water and bread and forgot that God said that He would provide for them. We can't get to a stage where we no longer see God as the only One who can satisfy. We can't get to a stage where we seek other lovers and forget the lover of our souls.

“I will betroth you to Me forever; Yes, I will betroth you to Me in righteousness and justice, in lovingkindness and mercy; 20 I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness, and you shall know the Lord. 21 “It shall come to pass in that day that I will answer,” says the Lord; “I will answer the heavens, and they shall answer the earth. 22 The earth shall answer with grain, with new wine, and with oil; They shall answer Jezreel. 23 Then I will sow her for Myself in the earth, and I will have mercy on her who had not obtained mercy; then I will say to those who were not My people, ‘You are My people!’ and they shall say, ‘You are my God!’” Hosea 2:19-23 (NKJV)

Even though Israel was unfaithful to God, God still loved them. He still chose them as His people and He still came after them. God had mercy on them and called them His own. God still loves us and He still wants us. Even though there may be times where we look to other things for satisfaction, God still draws us to Himself again and again. He continues to have mercy on us and always brings us back to the place where we realize that we are not our own but we are His.

His name is Jealous and He is jealous for us. He wants us to be that Bride clothed in white. He wants us to be His beloved. God is jealous for you.


I am my beloved’s, and his desire is toward me. Song of Solomon 7:10 (NKJV)

4 comments:

  1. This was beautifully said. Yes, we need to remember this. God is a jealous God, and he loves us so much. I'm so thankful for his mercy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes He loves us with an everlasting love. Thanks for visiting Dawn!!

      Delete
  2. I think He shows His jealousy with me when He takes away something I hold on to that He sees will not do me good. He's a good kind of jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cause He wants to be your only focus and priority. Thanks for visiting again SuperLux!!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Leave a comment below with your thoughts on the post!